Welcome to Langham
Langham, Norfolk, England
Langham is a small village and a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk.
Norfolk is divided into seven districts and the village lies in the district of north Norfolk close to the market town of Holt and around 2 miles (3.2 km) inland from the North Sea coast at Blakeney. About 60% of the parish lies within the Norfolk Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Langham has an entry in the Domesday Book of 1085. It is recorded by the names "Lagaam", and "Lang(a)ham", the main tenant being William de Beaufeu. The survey notes that there are two churches and this is reflected by the double dedication of the remaining 14th century church of St Andrew and St Mary. The church lies at the centre of the village.
The parish was the location of RAF Langham airfield during the Second World War and the remains of the runway and airfield buildings still exist, and lies to the west of the villagealong the road to Cockthorpe, including the Langham Dome Trainer. There are a number of listed buildings within the village probably must notable being the the grade 1 listed Church of St Mary and St Andrew, the grade II listed Langham Hall including the flint wall and war memorial, and the grade II Bluebell Public House plus Langham Airfield Dome Trainer which is a Scheduled Monument